AT DEMES, WE MAKE NATURAL, SAFE, NON-TOXIC PRODUCTS FOR EVERYDAY LIFE.
BECAUSE WHAT YOU BREATHE, HOW YOU LIVE, AND WHAT YOU ABSORB, AFFECTS YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES, EITHER POSITIVELY OR NEGATIVELY.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
DEMES (Pronounced “deems”) is a family owned and operated business based in Ottawa, Canada.
- We are members of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics Business Network – advocating against the use of harmful ingredients that have been publicly labeled as “toxic”, “carcinogenic”, “hormone disrupting” and “cancer causing”.
- We are certified cruelty-free by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics’ (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program
- We’re also partners with Humane Society International, proudly supporting the #BeCrueltyFree Canada campaign.
- We are members of the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild – the only international non-profit trade association promoting the benefits of handcrafted soap and cosmetics. Working together to give a voice to our industry.
WE BELIEVE WHAT GOES ON, GOES IN
All of our products are inspired by our philosophy of “what goes on, goes in” and a desire to have safe, natural and environmentally friendly products, void in harmful ingredients and wasteful packaging.
- contain no synthetics, toxic chemicals or animal byproducts.
- are 100% natural; using only plant materials including butters, oils, essential oils and hydrosols
- are 100% Vegan; our ingredients contain no animals or animal byproducts (ie. beeswax, milk, egg, carmine)
- are registered with Health Canada (Cosmetic) and the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
WHAT DOES DEMES MEAN?
We get this question a lot. Well, DEMES was founded in 2011 and is our family acronym: Daniel, Evan, Michelle, Erik, Skippy…DEMES.